Health and Safety Policy Statement
Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
This document is the Health and Safety policy of UK ECO POWER LTD, 69 Godmans Lane, Marks Tey, Essex CO6 1NQ
General Statement of Policy
Our Policy is to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and systems of work for all our employees, students, and customers, and to provide such information, training and supervision as they need for this purpose. We also accept our responsibility for the health and safety of other people who may be affected by our activities.
The allocation of duties for safety matters and the particular arrangements that we will make to implement the policy are set out below.
The policy will be kept up to date, particularly as the business changes in nature and size. To ensure this, the policy and the way it has operated will be reviewed every year.
The overall and final responsibly for health and safety in the company is that of Mr RALPH PRICE (Director)
The following Supervisors are responsible for safety in the following areas:
Mr RALPH PRICE On site installations
Mr RALPH PRICE Office
All employees have the responsibility to co-operate with supervisors and managers to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and to take reasonable care of themselves and others.
UK ECO POWER LTD have standard procedures for activities related to its business, it is the responsibility of all staff to follow these procedures to ensure safe working practices.
Whenever an employee, supervisor or manager notices a health or safety problem, which they are not able to put right, they must straightaway tell the appropriate person named above. They must also tell a safety representative if there is one. Mr RALPH PRICE provides consultation between management and employees.
It is the responsibility of Mr RALPH PRICE to ensure that safety training, safety inspections, and accident investigations are carried out by the correct procedure.
The first Aid box for the office is located on the Main Office Wall. The qualified first aider is MR RALPH PRICE.
The person responsible for the first aid box is Mr RALPH PRICE.
The person responsible for the reporting of incidents is Mr RALPH PRICE.
The office accident book is located in the Main Office.
Escape Routes are checked during day to day activity by all staff. FIRE EAST checks Fire Extinguishers on an annual basis. Fire evacuation drills are carried out at least twice-annually.
Advice and Consultation
Employees can obtain advice on Health and Safety issues from MR RALPH PRICE or from the local HSE Inspector who is located at:
Hedgerows Business Park
Fax: 01245 706222
Tel: 0845 345 0055.
Training of employees in Health and Safety issues is the responsibility of Mr RALPH PRICE. Training may be conducted by any member of staff deemed qualified for a particular task, on the direction of Mr RALPH PRICE. Training records are stored in the Main Office.
Contractors and Visitors
1) We shall seek to employ only competent contractors to carry out work on our behalf. To achieve this we shall only let out contracts to those who have demonstrated an understanding of health and safety and an ability to manage their work safely.
2) Any manager authorised to let contracts for work on our premises shall ensure that the contractor is from a relevant approved list or is able to demonstrate that he can conduct his work in a safe manor. Contractors previous performance will also be reviewed.
3) Any manager authorised to let contracts for work on our premises shall ensure that the contract includes details that are relevant to the safety of the work being carried out.
4) For each contract there shall be an identified manager responsible for liaison with the contractor. The manager will also ensure that contractors are aware of activities within the building that are a risk to their health and safety.
5) All visitors will be made aware of any risks to health and safety that they are likely to experience whilst on the premises. This is the responsibility of Mr RALPH PRICE.
6) All visitors will be supplied with relevant safety equipment during their visit.
7) All visitors and contractors are required to comply with all company Health and Safety procedures at all times.
1) We seek to provide our customers with the same protection from risk as that offered to our employees and visitors.
2) The retail and storage areas will be kept as clear of hazards as is possible. Hazards that cannot be eliminated will be clearly signed or protected.
3) We shall offer our customers use of our first aid facilities whilst on our premises; however it is at the manager’s discretion to extend this to outside the premises.
4) We shall offer our customers the use of our toilet facilities and provide drinking water at all times.
5) Customers and are not authorised to enter the office, storage areas, unless accompanied by a member of staff.
Hazard information sheets are kept in the Main Office.
Manufactures’ guidance and instructions are kept in the Main Office.
Guidance on other hazards or instructions can be obtained from Mr RALPH PRICE.
Housekeeping and Premises
Smoking is currently prohibited in all areas of the building. Smoking is permitted outside the front of the building. Smoking is not allowed in the car park area.
All staff are required to keep their work areas in a tidy condition. Mr RALPH PRICE is responsible ensuring the office, retail and storage areas are cleaned.
General office waste is disposed of daily, staff are responsible for emptying their waste bin. All office waste is disposed of in a skip.
All substances considered to be dangerous have a current Health and Safety data sheet. All employees who contact dangerous chemicals must refer to the relevant information before handling.