Energy Performance Certification

This applies only to building mounted solar arrays.

To qualify for the higher rate of Feed in Tariff the site has to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) showing that your property has an EPC band D or better.

Ideally the building should be fully enclosed. Sites with open walls such as barns are unlikely to meet the requirements.

Most commercial buildings are unlikely to fail and even sites that do fail, would comply after the solar array has been added as this boosts the energy performance rating of the building.

Our initial survey will have spotted any issues to do with energy performance so this should be a formality.