Solar Panel Installation & Testing
- The mounting frame is secured to the roof with specially engineered shoes or brackets and sealed with EPDM. If the array is ground mounted then piles are driven into the ground and a mounting frame is secured to that. On flat roofs a frame is constructed and held in place, preferably with ballast to avoid penetrating the roof membrane
- A solar power AC inverter is installed in the power room along with the necessary wiring to connect it to the mains supply. An export meter is also fitted as well as various safety devices to protect the system and detect faults.
- Solar panels are bolted to the frame and the terminals connected in strings of around 12 panels. Each string has a separate DC cable that is generally passed through a conduit and connected to the AC power inverter in the power room.
- Each string of panels from the roof is tested to ensure that is generating the correct voltage. This helps to detect faulty panels at an early stage.
- Once completed the system is wired directly to the mains supply. This will involve a power outage of around 15 – 20 minutes. We will co-ordinate to ensure this happens at the most convenient time.